We are happy to announce the first Appsterdam OSS Launch Party. We hope it will be the first of many.
You are welcome to join on Thursday, December 5th, from 19:30 EET at Stone Soup in Athens.
Panos Xinos will introduce the Lua language, it's features and his real world experience with it.
We will provide several workstations with Lua Vision installed connected to a Kinect and a projector, and you should bring your own machine to have some hands on fun. We will guide you through set up, answer any questions and help you discover Natural User Interfaces.
Some drinks and snacks will be provided and donations will be welcome to share in the costs.
Places are limited so please RSVP here.
Lua Vision, an Open Source Kinect module in Lua
The module features:
- Triple buffering in a background thread handling frame delivery
- simultaneous access of the depth frames from multiple threads
- A fast blob tracking engine for basic analysis of the frames
- Access to the raw depth data for further use eg with skeltrack
- It uses the buffers provided from the void module or LuaJit FFI
About the Presenter
Yannis Gravezas is a software engineer with 15 years of experience in open Source and proprietary projects.
Yannis is one of the active contributors to the Open Kinect project.
During the day he writes front-end code and in the evenings he hacks on complex backend projects with Lua.
About The Venue
Make sure to claim your ticket here.